Monday 29 March 2010

A Good Fair




A Good Fair

It was the Leeds Bear fair on Saturday and despite lack of exhibitors this time because of the economic climate, it was better than I expected, its funny because I usually don't do very well at this fair but have continued to support it as it is local to me. A lot of people came through the door, maybe because of some stands missing this time and the fact that we were more condensed in the one room is why I thought it was busier but a few times I was glad to have my Mum to help as I was chatting to people about the bears and getting a few into bags for collectors my Mum was at the other end of the stand attending to the people who wanted bear clothes. I did find that people were buying smaller less pricey bears but that is better than none at all.

I do enjoy this fair despite the lack of sales in the past,as I said it is local to me and because of this my Mum comes along and just being the two of us,we have a good girly chat and catch up without the hubby's chatting over us about sport and cars etc.

I did work hard for the display even taking the week off my afternoon job to work on bears so I still have quite a few left needing homes and will be putting them gradually onto the website and a few on Ebay over the next week or two. These are a few at the moment needing homes. Tozzi the larger panda is on my website at the moment and the two bunnies are Hoppy (brown one) and Nipsy (pink one) are both just about 4 inches are I have listed them onto Ebay for a week. Details of all and ebay links are on my website.

The next fair will be Stratford Artists Event and it isn't very long at all, lots of preparation for that one, it's new this time for me, a round table to contend with and to decide if to stay over the night before or not and if yes where. Best make a start on the planning I think.

Pauline


2 comments:

Heather said...

These guys are so adorable I can't imagine they'll have trouble finding homes!

Pauline said...

Thank you Heather, that's so sweet of you.x